Monday 15 June 2009

Llangollen NPS Round 2

After reading all the rumours about this place I thought surely it cant be as mental as they say, but as men are always in an arguement with a women, I was wrong.

From the top you got a nice flat straight into a right putting you into a false sense of securtiy for what you came to next! The steepest set of corners you could imagine. Take the next steep chute to catch corner to chute (a rumour was Adam Bryton hucked it all!) and hit the next corners that take you into a straight section into a left then right and onto the first briddleway.

Drop down to your left for the short middle section and the surface changes as it becomes slightly less steep with lose rocks. Come through the next switch backs and a small straight and onto the briddle way to the bottom section.

As with the majority of the course this section was just full of steep corners and a couple of chutes and straights. Come down to the roughest chute and hit the catch that takes you onto a really quick off camber section. Now comes the proper fun part. Really long corners, super lose surface, absoulte pinned! and to end on the perfect note you get out the last corner, out oo the trees and into the feild with a flat out straight and a hip jump then sprint to the finish.

I have to say I learned alot from this race. That attacking a course isnt always the best way to race it or at least knowing when to put on the anchors and let off. I can ride steep stuff with a hell of alot more confidence and as always with each race comes more experience anyways.

It was only myself racing down in Wales for the Ae Bike Shop and Solway Insulation Services team and heres how I done:

Ryan Chambers in Senior - 3:41:459 31/52

Fact is it is my worst result of the year, but it was a hell of a race and probably the one iv learned most from so to me it was a great results especially since I decided to fight with a tree in my race run!

Hing it oot!

No comments:

Post a Comment